I will have lots more to say on all three of these things very soon.
For now, since I only have literally five minutes, I want to tell you about a little something I had special ordered and recently received.
There is a site on Facebook called "Under_Construction Survival Bracelets" that you can order one-of-kind support bracelets, watches, keychains, dog tags and so much more. Normally I don't advertise for people, places, things (well, maybe occasionally) but this lady is married to a military man and they are currently stationed in Azores, Portugal. She has a wide variety of items to choose from to make fun, creative combinations. Also, as an added bonus, all her items are very well priced in my opinion.
Here is what I ordered:
What you see above is a dog tag bracelet that says "Mother to a CP Warrior." Without a doubt I'm a proud, proud mama and Jocelyn is the bravest warrior I've ever had the privilege of meeting and caring for. The cord colors I chose were green to represent cerebral palsy and silver for brain injuries/disabled children. There are many different types of bracelet designs/styles you can choose from. I went with the heart-style bracelet because it seemed the most fitting seeing how Jocelyn is "my heart." On the back side of the dog tag has her birthdate and a metal "hope" closure.
I think part of the reason that I love having things like this is because not only do I get to proudly support Jocelyn, but when people ask about the bracelet, it gives me an opportunity to share and teach them about cerebral palsy. It has become no surprise to me at how much the general public doesn't understand or know about cerebral palsy. I suppose in all honesty neither would I if it wasn't for having my own angel with this diagnosis. I believe it is a lack of knowledge which causes people to innocently make comments or ask unknowingly hurtful questions. I decided that if I do something like this or even make business cards with cerebral palsy information on it to hand out to the inquisitive staring eyes, that people react much differently.
I love the bracelet because it was very well done, but mostly because of its beautiful meaning!
I love you sweetheart, and I would love to have one....I will have to look them up.
ReplyDeleteKiss your sweet baby for me, and I will see ya soon....
Love Mom