Today's My BIRTHDAY & I AM 30!!!
Needless to say, I'm pretty pumped about turning 30 today! I've earned my 30 and excited what I have accomplished in my 30 short years of life. The best part is that I really feel like I'm just getting started!! I mean, come on, there are Olympians in their 30's so it's gotta be a powerful decade to be in!! :)
Sometimes when I reflect on being THIRTY.YEARS.OLD (sounds so weird that I've been here so long), but I can't believe how quickly time has flown by and how many things change in three decades. At 10, you know nothing about the world except for what directly applies to you. You're a kid or as other people say, including me, "a baby." Then the next decade you're in your 20's, officially an independent adult, maybe married or have kids, have a career, own big girl possessions like a car and a house, and sadly, are often so far away from many of the people you love. You learn so much about yourself and grow confidence in your abilities, hone-in on your strength and weakness to make a better you and you're ready to take on the world. Now that I'm entering my 30's, I feel like there are so many more things to accomplish and experience. I know it sounds cliche, but I truly feel like "the best is yet to come!"
The things that I love most about being 30 in no particular order:
- I can look back and have such a sense of accomplishment. I can be proud that I attained 2 bachelor degrees, travel throughout the world (there is much more to see though and I will see it), how enriched my life has been by others, and I've been successful in both finance and love as we have everything we need physically and I was lucky enough to find a phenomenal partner in life. My greatest achievement? Our beautiful, inspiring daughter Jocelyn. It is such an honor to be her mother, sometimes the path is bumpy and down right exhausting, but man am I lucky!
- I have confidence in myself and my abilities to care for my husband, daughter as well as myself.
- I feel like I have achieved balance in my life when at so many times there was pure chaos. Ask me again in a week and I might tell you that balance is long gone, but for now, in this moment, I feel centered.
- I have never felt so beautiful both on the inside and outside. I may not be the supermodel you see on TV or in tip-top physical shape, but that is okay because I am a pretty damn good ME! I feel equally beautiful with or without make-up and my hair all fixed which once was not the case in the past. I may not always think, say or do the right thing, but I sure try and I know my heart is in the right place even if my mind or mouth isn't.
- I know what it feels to both love and feel loved. Some never find that in their lives, even if it is right in front of their face.
- Even though there are no guarantees in life, I feel a sense of security and peace even though all around us things are so topsy-tury and in disarray.
- I feel more permanently settled (well, unless the military changes our minds). I can't tell you how awesome it feels to have a home that we love and know that we will be here longer than a year. Let me say it again...I love having a place to call home! We won't be here forever and ever as we will move to our dream destination after Justin retires, but we are going to be here a long while and there is something to be said for planting some roots.
- I GET TO BE A WORK-AT-HOME-MOMMY! I see so many that are my age that have to work outside the home, some want to work (I'll admit I do at times too), but what a blessing to get to have the choice. If you would've asked me in my 20's what I thought I would be doing at 30, this would not have been on the list I am sure, but boy am I glad that this is the case as most days I love it.
As I sit here my mind is flooded with a millions thoughts faster than I can process and type. So, I'm going to stop typing and get to enjoying the day! Tonight we are going to go try a new seafood place because I'm craving some mean Mahi-Mahi and since its my special day, my non-fish loving husband is taking me there! :)
you have grown into one pretty AMAZING woman! i love you baby sista. Happy Birthday!!
ReplyDeleteYou are an amazing woman / Daughter, and I love you, Happy Birthday sweetheart..... Mom
ReplyDelete