Seriously, the last time I was sick was when Jocie was in the NICU and that was nearly 3 years ago!!! I suppose its my time ... my turn ... but I don't WANT IT ANYMORE!!!
Four days of this crap is ENOUGH!
I can't stop drinking because I have an unquenchable thirst,
which means a bazillion trips to the bathroom. Let’s face it, this whole
getting up & down business is a total inconvenience. Oh, and of all times, 'aunt flow' decides to view now!! TMI?
Yesterday I had to go shopping and that took whatever I had left out of me. Have I complained enough? No? Okay, so I also used my free RedBox rental on a stupid, stupid movie called Hunger Games because a crazy amount of people read the books (which were probably equally as dumb) and yes, I know the movie was free, but I wanted it to be a GOOD movie damn it! Not to mention, that I also missed my favorite show The Walking Dead, I missed the season premiere people, for THAT movie!!!! What a waste!
After the movie was over, I thought the hubs and I would watch what was left of the Grammy's but nope, he was totally not interested. So what did we watch? The frickin' dog show!! Now don't get me wrong, it was kind of entertaining, but probably only because I was slightly delusional with adding commentary and various voices to go with each dog. Trust me, there was the jock, the valley girl, the prep, the humpty-dumpty 'duh' one ... the list was endless.
Maybe I'm still delusional? Seriously, this sickness is taking over my brain.
So anyways, since I'm doing a lot of venting, let me just continue with this afternoon. After I planned, prepared, packed, drove all the way into town, un-packed all our crap out of the van and hauled us into the YWCA to go swimming ... THE DAMN THERAPY POOL WAS CLOSED!
CLOSED!!!
No joke - I about lost it right there. I literally thought I was going to have a total meltdown right there in the middle of the lobby. I didn't want to go swimming, I didn't want to be there ... but I haven't done anything with, or for Jocie, in four days, and she deserved to do something fun and I'll be damned, that wasn't going to happen either. Quite literally I stomped my feet all the way back to the van, with all our crap, like a pissed off teenager. All the way home I was huffing and puffing. Once I got home I felt so silly that I let something so little set me off. Guess you just have those days.
So, now that we've both ate lunch -- it nap time -- again!
I am DEMANDING for tomorrow to be better ... to feel healthy & better!
I am sorry you feel like crap. It sucks. I hadn't had the full-blown flu since 2004 - the winter of my first year at college. Apparently it was time for me too. Hopefully you will feel better soon. In the meantime, maybe stop badgering yourself to do so much. If you keep pushing, it will take longer for you to recover. Probably not going to happen, but it sounds nice. :) And while Jocie needs the therapy, another day of doing nothing won't kill her or you. She would be much better off to have you back at 100%. So keep your ass on the couch, woman!
ReplyDeleteAnd I have to respectfully disagree. I LOVED the Hunger Games series! Jared did too. The books were so good and I feel like I read a lot of different stuff. I hadn't read something that captured my attention that much in a long, long time. (I literally stayed up til 2 AM one night reading them - and I had to work the next day at 7. Bad decision...) And I really liked the movie too, although it didn't come close to the books. Maybe you have to read the books to appreciate the point of the movie? There is a whole underlying theme of hope and courage to the books that couldn't quite be relayed in the movie. I am really excited for the next one to come out actually.