Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine Surprises

Because of Jocelyn and I being so sick, many of the days have blurred together. Quite honestly, I didn't realize a whole week had already past. Luckily, I am slowly but surely starting to feel human again, and today, Jocie has kept down her fluids and her fever has been manageable. Big difference from yesterday and I'm most thankful she's improving and not worsening!!

The house has been in dire need of being sanitized from top to bottom, and I've been able to accomplish some of that so far today. Even got to try out our new Shark steam cleaner {which I'm IN LOVE with by the way} so I feel a bit accomplished!

You can really tell how much someone loves you by how they treat and take care of you when your so sick ... Thank you Justin for proving me right that you care deeply about Jocie and I!!!

We were surprised this week with some sweet Valentine gifts.

The first gift arrived on Valentine's Day and it didn't have a return address on the box, but I have a sneaking suspicion who sent this gift. I'm pretty sure the thoughtful, generous, creative and lovable person has the initials L.K. Why do I think that? Because I have a talent of remembering almost anyone's handwriting ... even if I haven't seen it in years!! The note that was attached was typed but the "Love Jocelyn" wasn't and I would recognized that "L" anywhere!! :) But I could be wrong, so whoever sent this gift, thank you SO MUCH from the bottom of my heart!! I totally made Justin and I both smile!
{I've never seen anything like this -- I think its beautiful!}
{You can see right through it}
{And the note with the gift -- isn't this the best??!!}
 The note reads:
          "This is a very special gift that you can never see. The reason it's so special is, it's just for you from me. Whenever you are happy or even feeling blue, you only have to hold this gift and know I think of you. You never can unwrap it, please leave the ribbon tied. Just hold the box close to your heart, it's filled with love inside."

We were so surprised and taken back by the gift because of course it was totally unexpected! In case you're wondering, yes ... I cried! This will be a gift we treasure always!!!

The next day Jocelyn got a gift from Grandma Garlow with all kinds of goodies inside!! We all three shared the container of chocolates ... Jocie tried the chocolate & we ate the insides haha It was a win-win for everyone! :)
{Also included in the package were these super cute monkey socks & cool looking crayons! I've never seen these types of crayons & can't wait to have Boogs try them}
Thank you grandma for all the goodies -- so very sweet of you!!!

And while I'm thinking about it, our sweet friends, Brian & Dani, went on a vacation not too long ago to Cabo {I know ... I was jealous too!! Doesn't that sound WONDERFUL right now? Especially with this snow and cold weather?? I was totally hating on them}. But while they were on their vacation, they made a beautifully unique bowl hand-painted by them, for us!
{The colors are so vibrant! The bowl is even made from wood!!}
I truly don't know how we got so lucky to have so many fantastic people in our lives. You guys make us feel so loved and special!!! We truly, truly are so rich in life because of all of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment