Glands feel like gigantic softballs;
Nose is both stuffy & snotty;
Waves of nausea (but not too bad);
The entire body is achy, fatigued & all around exhausted;
The mild, occasional headache has morphed into a perma-headache ...
All I want to do is SLEEP!
Yes, I will whine and cry if I want too damn it!!!
But I'm a MOM and every mother in the world knows that entertaining sickness is just not an option. And of course I would get sick after a busy week which begs for a fun weekend, and on the weekend that the hubby has drills (which means he has to work 12 days straight, long days, late hours and of course that means minimal time at home).
Does it sound like I'm complaining and totally having a pity-party?
GOOD, because I am!
Oh, and add a side of guilt to that all that please! I feel guilty because (a) I'm doing the bare minimum for and with Boogs and (b) I'm going to feel AWFUL if I get her sick!
I'm trying so hard to keep my germs away from her, wash my hands like I have the plague and keep both of us on healthy diets which include citrus foods, vitamins, green tea and anything else her and I can handle.
No parent ever wants their kid sick or hurt - duh! But its so hard for me some days when Boogie is in pain or sick and she has no other way to let me know except to cry or whine. With being almost 3, any other kid would be able to tell you, or show you, where they hurt or feel sick because they are eating by mouth, moving around, talking, etc. Someday's I just feel like bitching and moaning because damn, if it were only that easy!!!
This morning, as Justin went to go get Jocie from her room while I felt half dead in the recliner with a blanket, heating pad, crackers and bottle of water -- we both looked at her and started talking about how beautiful she is in the mornings (all the time really). But as we looked at her perfectly curled hair with barrettes still holding back her bangs, her bright smooth skin free from dark circles and bags under the eyes, her cute little smiles and giggles that she has virtually every single morning, her forever non-existent morning breath ... we just beamed with joy. Even with feeling as crappy as I do ... looking and talking about Jocie ... made me feel better.
Now, if daddy and I could only look and feel so rejuvenated in the mornings!
Fat Chance!!!
As I'm sitting here, surprised I even have the energy to think (let alone type), I'm watching Paula Deen and wishing like hell that she'd make a house call -- just this once! She's making a homemade coconut hot chocolate drink (PERFECT for my sore throat) and it even has a roasted marshmallow on top (and my family KNOWS I'm a marshmallow phene)!!! And even though my throat feels swollen shut, I want a super big burger, fries and milkshake later today. Since that would require me leaving the house, that totally won't happen ... but I can still want it.
Instead, I'll keep eating my saltines (these crackers really do have magical powers), soup and drinking lots of water (I had over 130oz of water yesterday and STILL feel thirsty today). But in all seriousness, as long as Jocelyn and Justin stay healthy, that'll make me happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment