This whole sickness thing?
Stick a fork in me because I'm beyond done with it all! Thankfully, after 12-13 days, I am better. I honestly can't say that I've been sick like that before and I pray this will not become a yearly trend.
Jocie's sickness?
I don't even know where to begin. Unless you have a child, or have cared for a child, that vomits at a drop of a hat, you just don't begin to understand how draining it can be. Within 4 hours yesterday, we had changed outfits 4 times. Did it stop there? NO! It merely continued.
We keep laundry detergent in business folks.
Yes, Jocelyn has a feeding tubing, but if it won't stay down, it doesn't matter. The last few days, there have been countless times that I've literally had to infuse 10ml of water every 10 minutes for hours because that's all she could tolerate and that day we barely got 2 diapers. Sometimes even that didn't work. I know it sounds like I'm whining ... because I am. Do we have it so much worse than everyone else ... no ... but its scary with you have a child with poor muscle control who continuously vomits, can't clear the vomit, can't even cough effectively and is having lung issues, severe dehydration on the horizon and yet the doctors make you think your crazy because your being "overly concerned." I say this all the time ... I HAVE EVERY REASON TO BE!!! It drives me nuts, and it heartbreaking, that Jocie can't tell us or show us or point to what hurts or what is the problem. She can't tell us she's nausea or that "ok, I only can handle 4oz of food right now instead of my normal 8-10oz" so we just get to guess or she vomits and thats how we know. It just sucks some days!!!
This snowstorm business?
I'll admit, the thunder snow was pretty cool -- for a hot second -- and then I was OVER IT!! We should have been prepared, but sadly, we were not. Now that we live in the country, we have a desperate need for a tracker with a blade, a snow blower ... simply ANYTHING that does not involve hours of shoveling. Luckily, Justin was home and did the majority of the snow removal last week, but what I did help with, was definitely not my idea of a good time. And the next day?
Neither of us could move.
That really helps when you have a child with physical needs.
I suppose it only further helped us to get stronger and gain more endurance.
No? Looking at the bright side!
I suppose it only further helped us to get stronger and gain more endurance.
No? Looking at the bright side!
Even though we shoveled the sidewalks and driveway (well, the majority of the driveway), we still had a lot to remove. To our surprise, an anonymous Good Samaritan came over to not only remove the remaining snow, but they also grated our entire driveway for us!!!
WHAT A BLESSING!
Whoever you were -- we GREATLY appreciate your love and kindness!
Another storm is settling in -- I might need my secret angel again.
Another storm is settling in -- I might need my secret angel again.
SOME RANDOMNESS:
- I'm annoyed that I haven't lost any weight in a week -- don't bother -- I know that it's "okay," that "it's fine," that "you've lost a lot already and you've lost it fast" ... just sayin' its annoying not to see the scale move.
- Was told today that my jaw and face looked chiseled. Ha! Love it and I love you sissy! :)
- I'm enjoying making daily workout challenges for my sister and MyFitnessPal buddies. Some are much harder than they look on paper. Its fun (I'm a nerd...I know), I like doing something different and it keeps me motivated to try new things myself.
- I mentioned it above, but I.HATE.SNOW! It can stop already. Winter can TOTALLY be over in my opinion!!! Two big storms in 1 week - NOT COOL MOTHER NATURE! Someone PLEASE remind me why I still live in Kansas? Oh, that's right, because of my HUSBAND!
- All I want to do is go to the lake for a jog, to push Boogs in her trike, take a walk ... just breath some warm, refreshing air. I have a bit of cabin fever! :s
- It's only been a day and I miss my hubby. He drives me nuts ... a lot ... but I miss him bunches already!
- My hair is annoying me because it needs cut, but I don't feel like going in. I forgot how short hair doesn't take much to do, but requires more upkeep. Now starts the decision to grow it out, or carve out time and MAKE myself get it cut. Hmmmm ...haven't decided yet.
- Never thought I'd say this, but I MISS doing therapy and school stuff with Jocie. With me being sick and now her ... its been WEEKS ... and we've done nothing but watch TV. Honestly! I've started working out again, but just recently. I go back and forth feeling bad about all our "down time" but if we are merely meeting basic hydration needs, I can't see how doing anything else would ever happen or even matters. Just really frustrating.
- Jocie's bed is finished. I'll have to post pictures later. Its simple but functional and definitely pink.
- I got to see my sweet friend Sarah for a hot second today! That made me smile and her baby-bum loved me because I got to bring her a tasty treat today (I call her wee-developing one a "baby-bum" because he/she is just hanging around in her belly, takin' up space, taking whatever he/she can get ... don't get all serious ... I'm just teasing and totally not making fun of a REAL homeless person).
- After this weekend, I am now in love with mojito's! Always thought they looked fancy and good, but never tried one until Saturday night. Figured why not? Hope they are always as good as the one I had -- MmmmmMMMMmmm YUM!
- We are suppose to have yet another brain MRI this Wednesday and then see the Neurosurgeon right after ... weather permitting of course.
- I FINALLY exchanged our curriculum tote today at Child Care Aware (I've had it nearly 2 months and you are only suppose to have them checked out for 2 weeks). I'm grateful that they haves these totes so I don't continually have to invent ideas for us to do. Felt bad I had it so long and glad they are so accommodating. They met me in the parking lot since I always have Jocie, there is no elevator and I can't carry Boogie AND totes at the same time. I mean, I know that I'm SuperWoman ... but I can't reveal that to the public.
- We are considering a different preschool at an actual school district ... Barryton school. They seem eager, kind and like they genuinely want to help. I will again know if this isn't the right path, but just because one place was not a good fit, doesn't mean no place is. Afterall, if everyone quit after one try, where would we be?? :) So, this means we have an IEP meeting next week. Eeekkk! Not getting too excited because Jocie won't even be able to start until the end of March, I will be there each day and we are only going for 2 days a week and maybe not even full days. This will allow for some of the staff to start to get know miss thang and for her to explore and experience something new as well.
- Lets see ... what else ... that is all!!! For now anyways! :)
sorry you have had a rough go of things the last couple of weeks.. i know its been hard. sickness always is. if anyone can do it you can though.. you have more strength than anyone i have ever seen. if i could take any of that load off of you i would have in a heart beat. i appreciate the lil workouts you make me. haha it is helping a ton to just kinda start working my way into this whole exercising thing slowly. my body aches all over. though i feel a bit like a bum too as i havent done any of them in the last 2 days cause i have felt like such major ass. lol ill try to start again tomorrow. i love boogies bed. its too cute and im sure helps you and jp out a lot to not have her directly on the mattress on the floor. much easier to get her in and out. you know im always close if you need to chat or vent. love you lil sister :)
ReplyDeleteOkay, I know I probably shouldn't say this, but this post made me laugh. I love some attitude!
ReplyDelete"We keep laundry detergent in business folks."
Cracked me up. And I have known the feeling some days. Your situation is because poor Jocie has been sick and can't help it. Mine lately involve two little girls up to no good.
Sorry you have been sick. I can tell from the tone of your post that you are done and are not taking any shit from anyone these days. Again - love it. :) Totally love how you said "don't bother" on the weight portion. Totally true. You know the shit people are going to say to try and pacify you. You don't want to hear people's crap, you just want to vent how you are annoyed. Same as when I whined about the doctor ruining the gender surprise with Graham. People told me I "should be grateful he is healthy" (and I was. Duh) but I wanted to vent about something that was annoying me, okay? Geesh.
Speaking of snow- I would recommend finding a neighborhood snow guy. Ours usually only charged us $15 to do our whole lane in the country. Granted, a friendly neighbor doing it for free is also wonderful, but it might be nice to have a couple names of people to call - especially now that Justin is gone. I am guessing maybe some of your neighbors know some people.
Okay, anyway, holy long comment! Thanks for keepin' it real, sister!