Considering we've been doing traveling the last few weekends, and this coming weekend Justin will have drills (which means he'll be working 12 days in a row before a day off ... sucks!), I'm glad we got to spend time together and have a relaxing weekend together.
We ended up taking a trip to Lowe's to get the needed supplies to make Jocelyn a custom bed. Its not going to be anything fancy, but right now we have a twin mattress on the floor with a body pillow stuffed under the outer side of the mattress so she doesn't roll out.
At this point, anything will be "fancier" than that! HA!
Now that Boogie's getting heavier, its a lot more difficult to lower and lift her to/from the ground. Since we are in this for the long haul, I want to save our backs, and not to mention, make sleeping as safe as possible and more comfortable for her.
Justin got started right away with sawing, sanding and prepping the wood. He loves doing this type of stuff, so it was a nice for him to have something like this to do. We should have the bed completed some time this week!!
When we were at Lowe's I showed Jocelyn several different colors to see if she would have a favorite ... even pick one. The colors I offered where purple, yellow, orange, blue and pink. I offered her the colors two at a time and even presented them on different sides (sometimes she has a real preference for anything on her right side ... easier to touch, grab, etc), but continuously she picked the color pink.
And not just any pink ... THIS PINK! hahaha
We of course aren't finished by no means, but closing that gap. I'm hoping the finished product functions like anticipated!
We also spent time playing with each other and Jocie even showed off her crawling skills which totally made our day!! I posted the video on Facebook, and I'd post it here, but not sure how now that the blogger site has changed a little bit. :\
Sunday, we treated ourselves to lunch at a really awesome place called Boca's Cafe and it was probably the best meal I've had in MONTHS!
I FINALLY upgraded from this ...
to THIS!
HUGE IMPROVEMENT!!!
My FIRST iPhone -- my first ANY cool phone in fact -- and I'm SOOOO EXCITED!! Well, sort of ... I'm a little technologically challenged sometimes. I'll get the hang of it soon though!!
I have so much more to say, but we've got a busy day and its time to get cracka-lackin!





No comments:
Post a Comment