Sunday, October 7, 2012

Human Gobstoppers

Wait...

...I mean...say hello to the Lawrence Color Run 2012 Champs!!!

{Literally the most fun 5k I've EVER done!}
{Cherry, her son Grady & I}
{My awesome friends Ashley & Cherry}
 {Amongst the insane chaos -- I ran into an old dear friend Kelli -- what were the odds??!!}
{Even ran into the Topeka TARC girls! They are the sweetest!}
 
I really was surprised by not only how fun this race turned out to be, but also by how many people were there. The Color Run officials stated online that this was one of the largest 5K's in America with over 8,000 participants!
 
Here is probably a 1/4 of the people at the race!
From a different view.
{We stood in this line for over an hour! They made it fun with music, prizes, etc}
 
Here are some shots after everyone was all color-fied!
 {Every 15 minutes they had a "color party" -- It was totally crazy -- not to mention completely blinding!}
 
Justin and Jocelyn stayed at home for this race and let mommy go and have a little bit of lung cancer induced fun! Seriously, I was coughing for a while after the run with all the powdered paint that was flying around. Maybe it was because I actually ran the 5k and it seemed to be geared more towards walking. I originally wanted both of them to at least come, but after seeing what this race was all about, I know this would've been really bad news with Jocie having chronic lung disease.
 
When I finished the race I thought my stopwatch said 21:38 minutes and that made me think two things:
  1. I'm either way crazy faster than I thought or...
  2. This wasn't really a 5k!
Turns out I read my watch wrong and I ran the race in 24:38 ... that sounds more correct but still faster than my norm even with all the bob-n-weaving I had to do with the mixture of walkers and runners! :) I was pretty pleased with the time because typically I am pushing Jocelyn in the stroller and average about 30 minutes for a 5k. Lately even without her, I've only been able to do it in 27 minutes. Its hard to speed up when your use to a certain speed. Either way, the race was a blast, and so distracting, that you don't realize your done until you cross the finish line.
 
This 5k was my first one since having Jocie-bear, and I gotta say, it was a great one to start with!
 
Next race? Bring on the Maple Leaf Festival!!! :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment