It was a little after 7:45am when we arrived and still dark. I was starting to think that maybe only one of us would be able to run because the other would need to watch Jocelyn with it raining so hard.
To my surprise, even though the wind didn't give us a break, the rain did let-up a little bit.
We bundled Jocelyn up, covered her stroller in a large piggy blanket that was given to her when she was in the NICU and prepared for the race. I wish I would've gotten a picture. It was pretty cute. We were a bit rushed though, and it was raining, so there was no time for pics.
We were the ONLY ones that had a stroller and I was getting a lot of looks. I proudly took my place in the back of the pack {I had a stroller ... I didn't want to be in the way} and I made sure to proclaim to all those who gave me disapproving looks that yes, yes I realized that I was in fact receiving the "Mother of the Year" award for having my kid out in the rain ... in the cold ... bright and early.
It wasn't that bad and we were pretty confident that she most likely wouldn't even get wet.
Which she didn't. :)
And you want to know what?
I won FIRST PLACE overall in the women's division this morning. I came in at 25 minutes!
I beat EVERY SINGLE GIRL!
And it was raining and crazy windy
And I had a stroller!
And I only had about four hours of sleep!
Can you believe that??
INSANE!!!
My trophy was unexpected and pretty cool actually! :)
Justin has been working so many nights this past week with little sleep and even though he was exhausted, and had a military PT test yesterday, he won a medal.
First place in his age group!
We make such a good team ... in all ways!
I'm REALLY bummed I didn't get a picture with Jocelyn. She's my inspiration, my own fabulous, bad-ass personal trainer ... the reason I do it in the first place. :(
I simply didn't think about it. I was more concerned about making sure she stayed warm, dry and happy.
Next time will be different. :)
And wouldn't you know it, my friend from way back in the day, Hollie, came from Salina/Abliene to run with us!!! So totally awesome.
Today is her birthday!! :) Her and I even went out for a yummy breakfast while Jocie and Daddy went home to nap.
So excited that I got to see this girl today!
It was a busy, wet and cold morning ... but wonderful!!
Everyone is all showered, full-bellied and relaxing. Tonight, we are hoping to meet up with some awesome friends to go to Oktoberfest!
Fabulous Saturday ... absolutely FABULOUS!!!


Awesome!!!! You go!!!
ReplyDelete