For those of you that voted for Obama, good for you --- I’m glad we are all allowed to vote for who we want --- that’s one of the good things about our country. However, I always feel like it’s a vote between who is the lesser of two evils ... or maybe I just think this way? Why does it always have to be about Democrat versus Republican? Why can’t it be about what is best for the people with disregard to a specific group? No matter who is in office, I feel like their group party eventually taints “what is best” or “what SHOULD be done” because their “supporters” are the ultimate deterrent.
Sometimes I wonder where these people even come from. Who picked the candidates? The “people” … what “people?” I can sometimes sort of see where they find certain people like Romney for example -- where his father was a businessman and governor, and his mother was a nominee for Senate back in the 70’s -- his family sort of paved the way for him (as with MANY presidential candidates). Yet when Obama came into the picture in 2008, I was like who is this guy and where did he come from? Although I know people found him exciting, refreshing and different -- those are the very things that make me leery of a person.
I don’t care about a persons race or what their religious affiliation is -- it doesn’t make them a good presidential candidate or more importantly, a person with true convictions for their fellow neighbor and with the nation’s best interest in mind. I hate that so many things come down to race and religion. I can’t even count how many times I’ve heard during this election season about “It’s a black thing” or “It’s a Christian vs Mormon thing” … are we really no further progressed as people and a nation. Get over it already!! Perhaps these are the very things you believe to be of importance and what completely defines a person, but I’m more of a “let's go off of what a person does or has done.”
Everyone has their own reasons for voting a certain way and
it will always be that way. I cringe when I hear or read of people saying “I
hope I haven’t lost any friends over this election” or “they just don’t want
the black man in office” or the other million irritating things that come
across the board. Really? If you loose a friend, or if you’re the person that
is deciding to let go of a friendship over election issues, then it wasn’t a
friendship to start with. I surely wouldn’t want or need a “friend” (or
family-member) that would be that willing to let go of a relationship so
easily. So if that is, or has happened to you, you are better off. And if you
are the person that thinks it’s a black vs white (or insert whatever race),
then you are the most shallow, pathetic person that I don’t really want or need
in my life.
You hear so many people barking for tolerance, yet those are
the very people that don’t possess an ounce of it! I have both tolerance and
acceptance, but I don’t have those attributes for people who don’t want to help
themselves, for those who WANT a government to do everything for them, to bail
them out, to make it easy to not work, to take (almost virtually steal) from
me, who makes its nearly impossible to be successful, who wants to control
everything I do, who makes my life more difficult, puts my husband in danger because they
think it’s a good idea to downsize the military and take away what keeps them
safe yet still put them in the same dangerous situations …
I love and appreciate true democracy and want to KEEP IT,
yet I feel like we are venturing more towards socialism and so many seem okay
with that.
I find it a struggle trying to understand how a person decides
to re-elect a president that so boldly lied about the attack and slaughtering
of Americans at the U.S. Embassy in Libya, and so easily turns his back on the
thousands of people who are suffering from hurricane Sandy. I would have gained
a tremendous amount of respect for President Obama if he would have shown
concern and took action towards these things rather than be so consumed about
getting re-elected!
I’m sure there are lots of things each president has done
during their term(s) in office that I wouldn’t ever want to know about as I'm sure it would be both disappointing and disgusting in my eyes. I’m sure if we knew all the
dirty little details of things, we would all despise our presidents. For me,
its just when you do hear of such things, and they are public especially during
a time of election, it just makes me all the more sick to my stomach. I keep thinking “what if that was my husband that was in Libya
protecting the embassy?” or “what if that was me and my family suffering from
the effects of Sandy and freezing to
death with no supplies?” and I'm just using these two examples since they are at the forefront.
Lord knows nothing will be accomplished if we spend time
being angry and hateful about how elections have turned out (that’s unless you
wanted Obama of course). Part of me doesn’t know if I really “wanted” Romney as
much as I didn’t want Obama again. I’m not going to bash Obama and rage against
him … I just don’t feel he is what America
(or better yet, my family) needs in a president. Nevertheless, I will be
respectful of him and remind myself that he is not the one that decides all
things for America, and this is why we have a House of Representatives and a
Senate to help “balance” things … if you want to call it that I guess? Hey, I’m
trying to be positive.
Soon this whole election will blow over, people will begin to
accept (but many will not approve) that we have the same president for another
four years, and life will resume to people complaining about the same things we
would no matter who was president:
Economy
Medical Care
National Defense
Natural Resources and Gas Prices
Unemployment
… shall I continue?
Pro-Life vs Pro-Choice
Gay Marriage
Foreign Policies
... and so many more issues that will never be "resolved."
These issues and many more, will always
be unresolved. We will just have to hope that we make positive strides in these
areas, in our own lives and those we love.
Who knows, maybe this time around we can make some positive “change”…???
Here’s to hoping anyways.
I can appreciate a different point of view. :)
ReplyDeleteI voted for Obama, but I must say there were ideas that Mitt had that I supported and agreed with. I am disappointed with social media and all the hating going on. I wouldn't be bashing Mitt if he had won because honestly, I think both candidates truly love our country and want what is best for it - despite the fact that they might have very different visions.
And your comment that we will go back to complaining about the same things we always do - regardless of who is President - is SO true. One man (or hopefully woman someday!) doesn't make or break a country. It's a group effort.
And I swear to God if I hear one more person say how Obama is corrupting our children's morals, I am gonna lose it. (I even had to hear this in our library play group today!) So thanks for not saying that Jocelyn is "doomed for eternity" because of who was elected President. ;)
I have to laugh because I can't believe some people seriously believe that! Hahahaha uhm, no – Jocie is not doomed hahaha
ReplyDeleteJust because Obama supports gay rights/marriage and is pro-choice, doesn't mean your child is going to be "doomed."
I know what the Bible says and I believe in it, but I also think that its not the country's place to say whether a man/man or woman/woman can have basic civil rights, and I surely want a choice in regards to my pregnancy and ESPECIALLY if it wasn't of consent. Sorry, a persons body doesn't just "not get pregnant" nor does it "get rid" of a pregnancy depending on a certain circumstance ... idiots!
I hope you don't come across anymore people like that - geez!!! And I agree with you, I think both parties had ideas that I could get behind. The fact of the matter is that we are never going to have a "perfect president." Its never happened nor will it ever, so you just make the best decision according to your personal circumstances and deal with whatever comes. :)
I Voted for Obama, and I will tell you why.
ReplyDelete#1. I have been taught all my like that the Mormon Church is a cult. Even when Mitt Romney visited with Billy Graham he said it was a cult. Since when do we put out trust in people who are running cults?
#2 The Mormon religions teach that Jesus Christ the son of God was simply a fallen angel, in fact, he was Satan's Brother. Now how can we as Christians put a man in the office of Presidency that does not believe in Jesus Christ?
#3. Some say that Obama is Muslin, when think on this all you really smart people. He was raised in a Baptist church, yes maybe by a radical leader. His wife is certainly no muslin, and I know that she will Never, I repeat NEVER raise her two daughters to be muslins, to be lesser than man, Nope it will not happen,
#4. 3/4 of the United States of America wanted him in office. That is a lot of people.
#5. Let’s give him room to do the things he said will work, A little trust can go a long way.
And last but not lease
#6. God tell us that we should always follow man’s rules, unless they interfere with Gods rules. I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY MORTAL SINS BEING SOMMITED BY HIM YET!!!!!
Mom, I'm not going to really get all into everything because I.AM.EXHAUSTED!
DeleteSo first, if you knew that...or understood that...you wouldn't have even written this.
Secondly, you’re entitled to have your opinions about politics...as am I. We don't agree...big surprise. You voted for Obama...BIG SURPRISE! Maybe you didn't intend for this comment you posted to come off as attacking, but that’s what it reads like. Don't take your frustration of people giving you crap about voting for him out on me. I don't know why you feel like you need to justify why you voted for him in the first place.
I said there were things that BOTH parties stood for that I could stand behind. I very rarely "like" either contending party but attempt to look at who is going to the most good all around...not just see their religion and then make assumptions.
I don't base all my decisions on who would be a good president solely on their religion. There is more to spirituality than religion. I honestly don't know if that really makes a difference in a president anyways. When it comes to presidents (people in general) the past speaks for itself with many of them.
I'm glad you voted for what your heart told you, I still don’t agree, and it still doesn't change a single thing in my world.
I am sorry that you feel like I am attacking you...It was not meant to be that.. You and Jocelyn mean more to me than any election or my opinion, I love you all three so much. Mom
ReplyDelete