Boogie was mostly wiped yesterday. She spent the majority of the day sleeping and being the sweetest cuddle-bug which daddy thoroughly enjoyed. Out of the two of us, he doesn't get enough cuddle-time.
We found ourselves enjoying every part of her -- right down to her kissable little lips and warm chubby fingers (she even has dimples on her knuckles).
Now that we've had a day or two to decompress, the blessings that have been placed in front of us are more than we ever saw coming!
Not only do we have our smiling, happy little girl back (she's slowly getting there, but this is a fantastic start!) ...
... but we have been flooded ... FLOODED ... with emails, texts, Facebook messages and phone calls from our family and friends that are filled with so much love, sincere prayers and words of encouragement and wisdom.
... its overwhelming!!!
I even had a friend (newly adopted "mom") that I met online through blogging, and she wrote so genuinely about Jocelyn and our family which can been seen HERE. Of course that made me cry as it was totally unexpected. You just don't realize how you can impact a total stranger (which she is no longer a stranger of course). But life is all about people and relationships ... that is what makes a person RICH ... and you guessed it, all of you have made me feel like we are the richest family in the world!
While we were still at Children's Mercy, I called Massage Envy and scheduled a massage for Monday for the hubby and I (separately of course so one of us would still be with Jocie). So yesterday we indulged in our much needed massages (we are actually sore today from them though), but they really did help relieve some of the stress and were worth the money (dang they are expensive :s)!
Also, our friends Brian and Dani came over last night bearing a yummy dinner, smiles, friendship, love and the most creative gift. My friend Dani has a gift for craftiness and she made me/us "The God Box." Hope they don't mind me sharing this, but I thought it was pretty thoughtful and it will be put to use effect immediately!! So what is this you ask? Well see below! :)
As if these things aren't enough, we traveled to Salina today to pick up what I thought was only going to be Jocelyn's new DAFO's (her last ones didn't work out too well so I've been anticipating the new ones). Once we arrived there, we found out that not only did her DAFO's arrive, but so did her KidWalk walker and her Bantam Sit-to-Stand!!! Can we say MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I will have to take pictures of her in the new equipment and hopefully they will help make her stronger.
I so badly wanted to stop and see our friends Ashley, the girls at KDOA, our old neighbors and many others; but we sadly didn't have the time or energy. We ended up spending nearly four hours with our therapist fitting Boogies boots, putting together the equipment and adjusting it to fit her body. After all that, we were ready to come home!
Then, when Jocelyn and I pull up to the house, there was a Dillions delivery van sitting in our driveway. I pulled up, got out of our van and start talking to the delivery man. He was the nicest old man ... you know, that sweet-type of grandpa looking man? When I got out of the van I asked him, "Have you been waiting here long?" He replied, "Oh, for about 30 minutes or so, but I kept thinking somebody really needed these today." Talk about making you cry, and especially when you find out he had been sitting in the driveway for so long!!! He ended up delivering the most beautiful flowers and teddybear for Miss Jocelyn from our friends Dan and Kristi. It's no surprise that I cried, I'm such a ball-baby these days and especially lately, but I guess it just doesn't take much right now I suppose. Boogie immediately loved the teddybear and decided it needed a slobbery ear, and the flowers smell amazing! Lillies are even my (and by adoption Jocelyn's) favorite flower! :)
Why am I sharing all this goodness ... these blessings?
Not because I want to brag -- trust me -- I'm just not that kind of person. I figure there are far, far too many negative things in this world, and we seem to run into so many ugly-hearted people, that I wanted to take a minute to share how all of you have helped cover our most recent wounds with the best type of "band-aid" there is -- LOVE!
I can tell that we are already starting to heal, and amazingly fast I might add, but I think that is because all of you have swooped in like our knight-and-shining-armor to ward off the decent of depression, despair and fear. I know we still have fear and that not ever go away completely, and we will never be able to forget what we've experienced, but it will not define our family. We have God and you to thank for holding our hand along this journey!





I could use a god box too. Jocelyn looks so happy. Glad you've had some time to relax
ReplyDelete