When you have the realization that you truly have a vast knowledge bank and are doing everything you possibly can in regards to therapy, teaching, offering opportunities, etc for your sweet kiddo and not really getting what you desire? Its disheartening. When you realize that you virtually have every gadget and resource for where you are at on your journey with your sweet special needs daughter and there is nothing more you can do but keep doing what you are doing? Its disheartening.
No matter what you tell yourself, you still keep hoping and praying for that magical thing to come along to make things "click" or "come together" and it may or may not happen.
So even though Justin's birthday was yesterday and it was a time for fun and celebration, I found myself sad and having sort of a little pity-party. I have had many consecutive nights with interrupted sleep, and yesterday was a day full of crying, whining, vomit and poo that were seriously disgusting and makes you sometimes wonder if you will ever feel better about things. The reality is that just when I think we've got a grip on things, something happens, changes or new things come up and having that feeling of the "rug pulled out from under you" is not ever welcoming.
When I laid Jocelyn down for her nap yesterday, I had such a heavy heart. When she woke up, I placed her on the edge of her bed just to see if she could sit on the mattress which of course is a squishy, soft surface and much harder to sit on (or at least its hard for someone that has cerebral palsy and muscle weakness). To my surprise, Boogie sat on the edge of her bed for at least 15 minutes (but I'm sure it was much longer). This is what she looked like the entire time we sang songs and read a few books.
Needless to say, seeing her this way turned my whole day around! What a gift!


that smile on her face can help anyone go from sad to happy in a heart beat.. sorry your day would hard yesterday. we all have our moments.. you though are one amazing woman, mommy, wifey and sister.. your strength astounds me for for sure. i love you lil sister and im always just a phone call away if you need an ear to listen as you vent. <3
ReplyDeleteAngie, my heart aches for you.....There is no stronger bong in the word stronger than a Mother and her child. Just know that when you are hurting and disheartened that we are also for you.
ReplyDeleteI found a few quotes that made me think of you so I will share them. Please know that you can always call me or dad if you need to....Anytime, Day or night. I love you sweetie with all of my heart.
Mom
Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
- Buddha
It is not how much we do,
But how much love we put in the doing.
It is not how much we give,
But how much love we put in the giving.
~ Mother Teresa ~
Do not allow yourselves to be disheartened by any failure
As long as you have done your best.
~ Mother Teresa ~
We know that whatever we do is simply a droplet in the ocean.
But if that droplet were missing, the ocean would be lacking.
~ Mother Teresa ~
Go Jocelyn! Sometimes its the things that most people take for granted that mean the most! This is something I think about every day. I hope today is a better mental day for you. But don't be to hard on yourself, it happens. She looks so proud of herself.
ReplyDeleteLaura