Sunday, November 11, 2012

An Update

... from yours truly on 2 Henson! I'm getting to use their computer!! Woohoo!

Yesterday was a fairly good day for little Miss Princess, even though her first night after the surgery was tough with little to no sleep for all three of us. Jocelyn continues to heal and recover well it seems, and for that, I'm beyond grateful. We figure she's thrilled to no longer have a throbbing headache as I'm sure all that extra pressure would make someone feel like their head was going to explode. Poor sweet girl!

And guess what?

NO MORE SEIZURES!

Throughout the day yesterday we took naps, played with toys and on the iPad, read lots of books, went for walks on our floor (well, walks and dancing which is Boogies favorite and lets face it ... I'm going to give her what she wants no matter if I look like an idiot or not!).

As night approached, Jocelyn started to get sick and vomited twice which made me a little bit worried that something else might be wrong, but then again, sometimes she vomits for no reason and its really frustrating. We kind of thought that it might be from what she had for supper as she received refried beans and that might have been too filling for her right now, either that, or her ramming her fingers in her mouth and down her throat never helps! Either way, she vomited her supper and then her medicine later. After that fun excitement, she was fighting any type of sleep until almost 11pm. Once we got her down for the night, she slept all night long until we woke her at 8am (this is HUGE for us because that never happens!).

So far, this morning has been going fabulous and guess what else?

WE GET TO GO HOME TODAY!!!
 
We just finished giving Jocelyn her breakfast, waiting on some last minute paperwork and then we should be on our way home!!! Yippee!!!
 
We will be having more appointments in the future (as expected) to get her stitches removed and to start seeing her neurologist again for an EEG, etc. Hopefully they will say that the seizures were simply because of the increased intracrainal pressure from the shunt failing and that we will not have to be put on medication. Trust me when I say I would give her whatever meds I had to in order for her, and me, not to have to suffer through any more seizures, but I would prefer her to not need them at all.
 
One thing is for sure -- I am totally loving seeing our little girl smile and play -- its got to be the best sight in the world right now!!!
 
Here's to heading home and bing healthy!

3 comments:

  1. praise God!! theres power in prayer.. im so happy to hear this news.. you guys are all loved by so many. cant wait to skype with my boogie again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear this... yay I'll keep praying that the appointments go well Hang in there warrior princess


    L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so Happy..... I can leace now and lmpw thaty all is well. I love you all so much. Please kiss her for Grandma, and tell her taht as soon as I get back I will have a bad bag goodies for her.


    I love you all so much, I have just go the best daughters in the whole world. I never have to worry about my Grandbabies, becuse I know they are taking good care of them, and God is overseeing all.

    Thannk you so much, Love and kisses to all


    Grandma

    ReplyDelete