It feels so good to finally start to learn how to balance being a MOTHER along with being Jocelyn's therapist, nurse, researcher, dietitian and so forth. It's easy to simply focus on how much "work" we need to do each and everyday in hopes of reaching our desired goals, and yet forget that we are mother/daughter and we also need to have fun together. Don't get me wrong, I put in a lot of effort to make our therapies as enjoyable as possible, but lets face it, most of the time it's tedious, repetitive and just plain HARD WORK for the both of us!!!
As part of our "2012 Summer Bucket List," today we picked to go eat snow-cones since it was blazin' hot outside.
| {Each time we do something on our list we get a gold star...corny I know, but I liked the idea} |
Once we arrived to Tad's there was a little bit of a line, but not bad considering what some of the reviews online stated. Being social butterflies like we are (although I'm starting to be a little bit less of one these days) we met some interesting Goth-like people who were eager to inform us which flavor was the best. They offered to take a picture of Jocelyn and I, and of course I agreed to such a sweet gesture. They must have known I needed a picture for the scrapbook of our adventures!
After getting to the park and finding a comfy spot, we dug into the snow-cone. Below are some pictures of Jocie eating one for the 1st time.
| {She didn't do too bad with eating it...it just had to be VERY little} |
| {She was down for giving me some sticky kisses -- she knows mamas game!} |
| {She did NOT however want them from me -- what a little turd!} |
| {She is my heart! Blue-faced and all!} |
i soooo love that you started this summer bucket list.. i love to see the smiles on your faces, not to mention Boogies lil "mmm face" is too damn cute!!! sometimes its hard to push yourself out the door to do things after such a long day of working hard with therapy and such but its so rewarding. your are such a loving mama!! this is such an amazing idea, i think im gonna have to steal it and make one of my own..
ReplyDelete