The idea?
"The Happy Family Movement"
This is a concept that came from a family in Kansas City, MO (you can find them on facebook) and its absolutely the simplest idea with the largest impact on both your family and yourself. Their mission is "raising a happy, loving family is one of the most important things we will do in this lifetime. Because we know that happy kids raised in joy-filled environments will change the world." I read this and said "duh!" Not in a spiteful way but in a "but of course, let's get excited and start doing some FUN things together...lets start LIVING!!"
So, last night I created my own "2012 Summer Bucket List" and now have it hanging on the wall just waiting for us to conquer!
{Making this seriously made me so excited and uplifted!}
Today, with our good friend Cherry and her sweet little kiddos, Jocie and I went to the Lawrence Farmer's Market. It was a BEAUTIFUL morning for it and there were lots of people out.
{Jocie is the best shopping partner -- She had a pretty comfy seat}
{There were several people playing live music}
{Some of the crowd}
{Attempting to taste the juice from fresh blueberry -- she was totally horrified}
{Our shopping rewards!!}
One of my favorite parts of the trip, besides getting to enjoy our friends' company and some outdoor fresh air, was watching and listening to a guy and his wife singing to the kids. They got the kids involved with playing some of the instruments and miss J-Rae and I were dancing (of course she had to dance with her crazy mom because I had her trapped in the Maya Wrap...but she loves dancing anyways hahaha). But, since I was holding Jocie, the guy came over to us, got right next to her and started playing his guitar and singing to her. She giggled and got the biggest smile on her face which was priceless! I wish I could've gotten that on film because it was super precious!
No comments:
Post a Comment