After hippotherapy we decided to go to the "Prairie Park Nature Center" for something different.
{Inside the Nature Center}
When we got there we hit-up a stamp station and as you can see, Jocelyn was NOT amused.
{She was like "THIS is what we came here to do!"}
{"Fine...I'll try it"}
As we continued exploring we saw snakes, turtles, bobcats, deer, a possum (which creeped us BOTH out) and variety of other things.
One thing that Jocelyn seemed to LOVE, was this over-sized turtle shell and the bones from a dinosaur. I have no clue why, but they both struck her funny bone. She didn't want to leave them alone so of course we stood there until she was completely finished with them (no way was I going to cut her exploring short because seeing her do this makes me EXTREMELY excited...I WANT her to show an interest in new things).
| {"What the heck is this thing?"} |
| {SQQQQUUUUEEEAAAALLLL..."this is SO COOL!} |
| {"This is a bone eh? And I have one of these too?} |
| {"mmmmmmm this taste pretty good!"} |
| {Look at this face -- her laughter is so awesome!} |
| {Mama's girl!} |
While we were there we also tried to play with the cat which was partially successful. Jocie likes watching it, but it scares her when it would start to come close. The center also had a variety of animal furs you could touch and play with, and that was also a big no-go for J. She did not want those things anywhere near her! The parrot was also terrifying to literally everyone. Its suppose to talk to you and "be friendly," but instead it shrills and screeches and scares the livin' daylights outta everyone. We did however find a crow that talked to us! Yes, a crow talked to us!! Each time I said "Hi Honey," it would say "Hellooooo." I seriously thought someone was playing a joke on us, but when we went back inside I asked the lady and she confirmed it could imitate people. I never knew a crow could do that!
After we were all finished, we went for a short nature walk (the center has some pretty trails around it) and then decided to chillax on some of the picnic tables and enjoy the wonderful weather.
| {I'm so proud to call you my daughter sweet babygirl!} |
I say the trip was "semi-okay" because although there were parts that were fun and enjoyable, there were quiet a few things that scared Jocelyn and some things just weren't interesting for her (but that's to be expected when you have limited mobility). We also could've done without someone asking "can she not walk?" and "is your daughter handicapped?" Seriously, mind your own business because you're a stranger and no matter how you say it, I'm not going to like it. Oh, and we could've done without a little thug of a girl, along with her posse, trying to steal my cell phone. She was not prepared for me to call her out on it that's for sure. Once you're a mama, I think you inherit that mama voice and glare. My own mother was the queen of letting you know when you were doing something wrong, so it comes to me even more naturally.
Overall, I'm always happy to get Jocelyn out and about to explore and be part of life. And besides, I always say I'd do anything for her smiles!
Such sweet pictures! And the whole not-all-that-interested thing... That applies to every 2 year old! When we went to the zoo there were things I thought Bailey would love and she just walked past and gave me a "so what" look.
ReplyDeleteGlad you have perfected the mean mom glare. Sounds like you need to start using it on idiotic adults too!
haha mom always did have that glare or better yet "throat clear" that made all of us kids immediately turn to her like "oh shit what did we do?" hahaha so you learned from the best! you are an amazing mommy Angie and Jocie shows proof of that everyday in all she does and the smiles and giggles she has.. she loves her mommy!
ReplyDeleteHey that glare and throat clear worked every time....I love you honey
ReplyDelete