Even though Saturday was pretty laid back and filled with typical activities for Jocelyn, today was filled with yummy eats and shopping.
We ventured down Mass Street over in Lawrence and originally wanted to eat at BWW's (I'm a hot wing fanatic!), but seeing how football season is in full swing, there wasn't an open seat in that place. We always have to think ahead and consider accessibility in places when it comes to Jocelyn's wheelchair, and this place is a tight-fit even when theres not a full house. It worked out for the best though because as we walked on we came upon Papa Keno's (we've eaten here before) and even the slightest thought of pizza gave Justin tunnel vision to the first available table.
At first I was hesitant to eat at Papa Keno's because I've started Jocelyn on a gluten-free diet as of Monday (and now its gluten & lactose-free diet) in hopes to stop the frequent vomiting. Seeing how Jocelyn doesn't really eat by mouth, eating at a pizza place is no big deal. What made me hesitant was that I decided to try to do the gluten-free diet with her (I'm crazy), and of course on this diet you can't have things like bread, pasta ... and definitely not pizza! Well, after a week of being gluten-free I caved and had 2 slices :s ... they were pure warm, gooey, zesty glorious slices though!!!
After lunch we walked down to Garry Gribbles Running Store and I had a gait analysis, tried on a bazillion shoes and then scored these running pumps.
These shoes are the Brooks Ghost 4th Edition and I love them already! I'm imagining that I will be so fast that you'll think you saw a ghost ... Ha! Okay maybe not, but I can hope! :P I've been an avid Saucony fan for many years now, but I've been so disappointed in my current pair that I was open to try any running shoe.
I honestly had never heard of Brooks running shoes until today. Come to find out (here's your history lesson for the day ... yes, I'm a nerd and looked this company up), but they have been around since the early 1900's! Brooks is the first shoe company to introduce the natural bend arch support, developed the industry's standard in what a shoes midsole is made up of, created the first running shoe to combat against over-pronation problems and they introduced a women's line of running shoes which were the first running shoes that were anatomically adjusted to women's needs. Pretty cool I thought!
With just getting the shoes I of course haven't tried them out yet, but come tomorrow morning, I'll dominate a few miles in them ... on the treadmil that is. They told me I can run in them for 30 days on a treadmil and if I don't like them, I can exchange them!! Uhm, FANTASTIC!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment