Sunday, June 16, 2013

Busy But Good! :)

Things have been busy around here lately it seems, and if we aren't busy "doing" we are simply busy "being."

The last two weeks really have seemed a blur ever since Justin's come back home. No matter how long he's gone, there is always an adjustment period.

I haven't really been on the Internet much lately, that goes for blogging or Facebook, and I don't mind it really. I do miss chatting with my friends, seeing what they are up too, being apart of their lives {even if it is through the cyber-world} and staying in touch; but I also know we've needed some time to reconnect and be together as a family.

Life's been filled with ...

Summer School.
Riding Horses.
Swimming at Cappers & the YWCA.
Putting up our pool.
Going out to eat.
     {I've definitely missed having a meal out}
Long family walks in the evenings.
Grandma & Grandpa Garlow came to visit. :)
Yard work & organizing.
Re-doing our garden.
     {Since I seemed to have killed it the FIRST time & the weather was still nice enough}
Cuddling all together.
Watching movies.
Planning/Prepping for our first family vacation.
Dress shopping for our Army Company Ball
     {The last ball was NINE years ago!! We even used that picture for our wedding invites. Crazy!}
          {Oh, and this will be our first DATE since Jocie was born -- a WHOLE night out!!!}
A few appointments at Children's Mercy.
Looking into further business investments.
Fixing special needs equipment & things around the house.
Spring Cleaning {This will probably be ongoing all summer. Ha!}
Started doing the Insanity workouts.
     {Verdicts still out on my thoughts, but last night I felt like a beast afterwards!} :)

I look at all these things and NO WONDER the days and weeks seem to fly by!!

Justin and I have had to do a lot of discussing lately about Jocelyn, her future regarding being in the school district, our severe disappointment in everything regarding that entire situation, and what our game plan is going to be. I'm confident in our skills as parents and every single aspect that this position we've been given entails.

No longer will we wavier, be redirected, "encouraged" to do something different, made to feel like we aren't doing what "is best" for Jocelyn, that she will not "get what she needs" or that she will be "lacking" or "missing out" on an opportunity. I personally, will no longer police the school and therapists, try to encourage them, light a fire under them to do what truly is best, what is right, what they SHOULD be doing in the first place. Those things are NOT my job, and my energy is better used elsewhere ... specifically, they are better used for Jocelyn and our family as a whole.

I've never felt more like I know what we are doing is right than in this moment. Feeling at peace with a decision, with a situation, truly is priceless.

We definitely welcome any prayers anyone wants to send our way because I know we will need them as we grow, learn, adjust, etc along the way.

I'm excited for the adventure that's for sure!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment